So, watched Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind tonight. The first time I saw it (en theatre), this movie prompted me to do something monumentally stupid. I watched it on DVD tonight, hoping this flick would have a different effect this time. It did--much needed!
About the random folks I have encountered . . . most recently:
(1) after seeing "I (heart) Huckabees," I encountered an interesting and enthusiastic Green Mountain Energy guy who signed me up to transfer my services. I was easy pickings for him, partly because I am feeling a strong and instinctive pull toward all things progressive post-election and partly because the GME guy who typically plants himself outside my neighborhood coffeeshop calls me "ma'am," a trait I detest that causes me great dread each time I see that he is there;
(2) en route to Little Rock Arkansas, a surly woman working behind the counter of a Burger King (that had one restroom stall taped shut with wide silver duct tape, making it seem like an amateurish crime scene) who became even more surly when her colleague was asked about the quality of the veggie burger;
(3) all of the nice people in both Texas and Arkansas who have given me friendly "thumbs up" signals upon noticing my Kerry/Edwards (magnetic) bumper sticker, even post-election;
(4) the groom's sister at the Peabody bar who gave me the name of a friend to look for at the Democratic HQ, because he is the only Democrat she knows and he surely must be volunteering there!
more later ...
07 November 2004
Eternal Sunshine . . .
Posted by Lisa at 11:41 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment