09 January 2005

New Year Vows

One of my vows for the new year is to write here more often. Not because I think anyone is waiting breathlessly for my next post. No, I want to write more often because I need the practice. I view this as a warm-up for my Great Novel. Building courage seems to be key to that endeavor.

Today's gorgeous weather has convinced me that my recent hermit-like conduct (serious enough to have resulted in 2 concerned phone calls from friends and even 1 drop-in by a worried friend) was not the result of a permanent state of depression, but rather, from my transitory winter doldrums caused by lack of sunlight and warm weather. Today's temperature was in the 70's and the sun actually emerged . . . I found myself finally with the energy and desire to take down all Christmas decorations (including undecorating the tree!).

I was rewarded for my efforts when the Gods of Lost Things permitted me to find the long-lost key to my alarm system control box. In the length of time in which this key has been missing, I have been forced to endure periodic incessant beeping, which I have to run downstairs to stop by punching in my code.

Work in progress . . . will write more later!

0 comments: