02 February 2007

Aloha!

Hey, all. I have done what was previously thought impossible and stayed away from the internet for several days! Today my friends and I had breakfast at the next-door Sheraton, and I am now taking advantage of the hotel's free internet for a few minutes to drop you a note.

The trip has been wonderful . . . all kinds of weather, but lots of beauty and lots new to see. Good time with friends. Great food. I'll write all about it later.

I have mostly managed not to pay too much attention to the news so as to have a real feeling of timelessness. The news of the bizzare Boston terrorist plot/marketing ploy did seep in, however. I heard as well of Molly Ivins' passing and will write more about that later.

Today is the most beautiful day we have had yet, and I am excitedly looking forward to a sunset catamaran trip up the Nepali Coast, which is only viewable from the water. After that, I will participate in "Art Night" in Hanape'pe Town, then try to find the place where a Chicago Blues artist is playing in the next town over. My friends head back to Redondo Beach today, and this makes me sad.

Hope all is well with you and that you aren't snowed in somewhere. :P

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chicago? The high is -2 today.
Enjoy Hawaii. . .

Kell said...

Snowed in? No. Freezing, yes.

Have something with an umbrella in it for me!