This week, I experienced a profound disappointment. I won't go into the details here, but suffice it to say that I reached for a professional brass ring and missed. Given my lack of religious belief, it is tough to convince myself that this was "meant to be" or is part of some "greater plan." If there is a bright side, it is that I decided I wanted something and took a risk to try to obtain it, giving it my all. You can't expect to win them all, and at least now I won't have to ask myself "what if."
But I am left at a crossroads, trying to decide whether to go after what I wanted in a different way. What I do know is that I am unhappy with the status quo and need to continue to think seriously about what it will take to find contentment.
03 July 2009
Disappointment and Resolve
Posted by Lisa at 11:03 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I'm sorry, Lisa. I have no doubt that you worked very, very hard to reach that ring.
Thanks, Jenn.
That's a noble starting point, I'd say. If you have the courage to answer that question honestly, then all will become clear soon enough. You are a warrior!!! I believe it now more than ever. The last 2 months took major strength, diplomacy, grace, and dignity. You passed w/FLYING COLORS.
Thanks, Mels, I hope to build on the courage underlying my disappointment. Your friendship was an essential component of that courage, so thank you!
Post a Comment