31 December 2010

A new year, a new life

I now live in Chicago, the life change I have dreamed about for many years. It is truly all I had hoped for. The dogs are happy with their new lifestyle that doesn't involve climbing stairs and offers lots of new places to explore on our weekend outings. I am happy with so many more opportunities for walking and a social life that is so much more active, with time spent with friends both old and new. My work situation is infinitely better--I no longer dread going to the office every morning and feel truly welcome and embraced by my colleagues in my new office. And, not least of all, I love having family nearby and being able to visit them whenever I want.

I could not ask for more. In fact, my eyes fill with tears when I think about how lucky and grateful I am that this change was finally possible. I have miles more to go in my personal growth, but now I feel more like a supple, budding sprout and less like a brown, dying twig about to crack.

I haven't decided yet if the blog will continue in this or another form. Now I feel like I have a greater interest in actually living life away from my computer, and it's easy to stay in touch with you through-the-blog friends via Facebook and other methods because we're friends in real life.

I wish you all the sweetest of new years in 2011, filled with love and laughter and all the stuff of which your dreams are made.

2 comments:

Marsosudiro said...

"I now live in Chicago, the life change I have dreamed about for many years. It is truly all I had hoped for. The dogs are happy with their new lifestyle that doesn't involve climbing stairs and offers lots of new places to explore on our weekend outings. I am happy with so many more opportunities for walking and a social life that is so much more active, with time spent with friends both old and new. My work situation is infinitely better--I no longer dread going to the office every morning and feel truly welcome and embraced by my colleagues in my new office. And, not least of all, I love having family nearby and being able to visit them whenever I want."

Holy jeebers how wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so happy to read this, and hope you'll never lose these great feelings for long. Unless you're moving on to even greater ones. I love you and am happy for you and I'll bet everybody else reading this feels something very similar.

Thank you for sharing!

Lisa said...

Thank you, dear Phil! Hugs heading your way!