Today I took the first steps toward pursuing a dream . . . working to establish a financial launching pad for a cross-country move and a new job. I assessed my debts (not as bad as I would have thought), shifted as much as possible of this debt to low-interest credit cards and used most of my spare cash to cut the balance significantly. I should have the rest paid off shortly.
After two out-of-town trips in June, I will also be able to start socking away the cash and keeping my nose to the grindstone at work, in hopes of receiving a nice bonus this year that I can also invest. I think in the past I have spent money based on the thought that it was my source of happiness . . . now that I have this dream, I don't feel the need to spend on other things. In fact, I look around and feel as if I have more than I need, and an impulse to simplify. Even the weekend has made me feel rich with time, while other weekends have flown by so quickly. I planned out the things I need to work on this week so that my priorities will be easy to establish.
In other news, I joined the organization for which I want to work in two years. My goal is to know everything there is to know about them and their activities long before I apply. Today was a good start!
22 May 2005
First steps.
Posted by Lisa at 3:58 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
It's never too late to become what you might have been. -
attributed to George Eliot
Post a Comment