26 September 2005

My apologies for a prolonged absence!

My excitement at spending a weekend at home turns out to have been unfounded . . . instead, I returned to Chicago for an unexpected family thing. But it was a surprisingly lovely weekend, filled with adventures like a hideously bad hotel (limited to one night only--after which I bolted for cushier digs downtown), food made by church ladies, time spent with my grandmother's boyfriend, who is like a grandfather to me, a re-visit of some homes that have a warm place in my heart, excellent chai tea shared with an old friend, etc.

Oh, yes, and I now have a boyfriend. I'm not sure how much to say about that at this point . . . I am still savoring the simple pleasure of knowing him. But I will share this tidbit that I wrote about him while hanging out in a coffee shop this weekend (regarding our Friday night dinner together):

I had an unglamorous dinner out with a soulful, irreverent guy who seems hell-bent on taking over my heart, piece by tiny piece. And he seems to be succeeding, much to my surprised and pleased discomfort.
That's all for now.

Oh, one more thing: I actually attended a White Sox game with him on Sunday--and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. Geez.

And for the record, this is something one would not find at a Cubs game, but that was plentiful at "U.S. Cellular Field"--judge for yourself whether that is a good thing or a bad thing:

0 comments: