23 September 2006

Open for Questions

What do you want to know?

And how do you like my new blog template? It's strange, because I was hunting all weekend for a new blog template and saw tonight that Jay has done some fall sprucing as well! You'll find no alpaca here, but plenty of stripes!

7 comments:

Kell said...

How long have you had photography as a hobby and how did you get started?

Lisa said...

Brett: Believe it or not, the first thing I remember wanting to be was a lawyer. I was in grade school when Sandra Day O'Connor was appointed as a U.S. Supreme Court Justice, and I remember thinking then that I could be a lawyer if she could do that. I did not often veer from thinking I would be a lawyer: the only times were when I contemplated being a minister or a psychologist (I was considering industrial/organizational psychology). But those diversions were brief, as I have almost always thought I would be a lawyer.

Kell, I had to think a lot about your question. I have always enjoyed taking pictures, but I would say I first became serious about it on my backpacking trip to Europe in early 2000. I bought a Nikon SLR right before that trip and tried to take photos that would really be special to me later. Switching over to a digital SLR a few years ago made it so much easier for me to practice, as I don't have to pay to develop my mistakes, er, experiments.

Thanks for the questions, guys. Also, I welcome all questions, not just those about me. :)

Lisa said...

P.S. Brett: I'm surprised you didn't feel your body was becoming strong--you are so fit and must be a pretty strong biker! I can totally see you as a police officer because you seem so calm and level-headed. But I am sure you will make an excellent politician/advocate as well!

Anonymous said...

I like the template. I haven't see another one like this, yet. Thanks for stopping by my blog. . .

Betty said...

Love the new template. It must template-changing time, and nobody told me. :-)

Jay said...

Very cool! This is really wild. I haven't seen anything like this either.

Here's a question for you. Why is that working people in the South continuously vote aganst their own self-interest and vote republican?

Lisa said...

Betty: Thanks! Now hop on that new template. ;P

Jay: They vote against their own interests because the Repubs have convinced them it's a "values" thing--that Repubs stand for "mainstream" values and Dems do not. Put differently, they play on voters' fears and prejudices.