
Today was pretty relaxing. I didn't drive much . . . just to downtown Burlington to check out the pedestrian mall. There I bought my major souvenir of the trip. I'll take a picture when it arrives and post it for you--I'm pretty excited about it! While there, I also had a nice panini sandwich for lunch and eavesdropped on a man talking about where all the police speed traps are around town.
After returning to the Inn, I saw a video of different times in the history of the place. It is truly amazing that it was restored to this beauty after being in a state of near-ruin. I love old buildings! I also took a tour of the grounds. A math teacher was our volunteer leading the tour and she was a great guide. Dinner tonight was a special event. It was a "Vermont Fresh Network" dinner in which there was just one sitting, with multiple courses designed to show off the products grown right here on the grounds and elsewhere in Vermont. I enjoyed it thoroughly, except for the pig's belly, where I lost the battle of mind over matter. We were seated with other guests at a big table and it was nice to have actual dinner conversation after so many meals alone on my trip. And now I'm relaxing with the Cubs game and trying not to remember that I have to leave this lovely place tomorrow. I will definitely come back. I'm considering seeing if a group of friends would like to come here for Labor Day weekend next year, as it would be a wonderful place to spend time with a fun gang of friends.
More soon . . .
05 September 2007
Heavenly
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment