and no longer missing in action. Sorry for my absence from the blog . . . I have been working hard, closely following the primary campaign season and swamped with volunteer duties as well.
In fact, I'm in New York because I was called upon at the last minute to fill in for a colleague who could not make it to our organization's national board meeting here. I am exhausted by the heavy reading to prepare for the matters discussed, as well as the late nights and socializing. I also find myself feeling exhilarated by the inspirational people I have met. Due to the late notice of my trip, it was difficult to get plans in place with friends, but I'm determined to do something "New Yorky" before leaving town tonight and hope to get to spend time with them also. One thrill of the trip thus far was sitting at Dorothy Parker's "round table" at the Algonquin Hotel while out for drinks last night.
I hope to write more after I have slept a bit, and not to let too much time pass before that happens.
13 January 2008
I am posting from New York . . .
Posted by Lisa at 12:40 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
OMG Dorothy Parker's table?!? That is so cool.
I like your picture of the Chrysler Building. It's where I work. ;-)
Post a Comment