22 June 2008

Crickets

Either you guys really disagree with my last post, or you are off barbequeing.

What have I been up to? Mainly, organizing for Obama and swimming, swimming, oh so hard through the mass of work I have to do (at my paying job). Next weekend, I will travel to Chicago to see my beloved Cubs take on the White Sox at the enemy's park . . . I am sure the series will be scintillating, given that the Cubs swept them this weekend at Wrigley Field. Also, will attend Taste of Chicago and various other fun things.

I need to work out 2x per day this week (and thereafter). Please encourage me!

4 comments:

steve said...

It's funny... I read your last post and went off to Google up some news on the floods, totally forgot to comment.

Here's to a good workout, and a fun trip to Chicago - make sure you take a lot of pics.

Jenn said...

Ditto on the forgetting to comment. It was a good post and one I badly needed to read as I was wrapped in a enormous blanket of obnoxious self-pity.

By working out 2x day, do you mean a gym? If so, I'll give you all the encouragement you need and more!

Go Lisa go!

Hmm - Cubs vs the White Sox and I have a 3 day weekend. Hmmmm.

Marsosudiro said...

encourage encourage!

I've been a complete slug for the last four days but I've counterbalanced that by eating like a pig and going out for drinks. Oh, wait, that's not counterbalancing, is it?

So yesterday I figured I'd improve things a little by taking a ~1.5 mile walk (with my laptop on my back) through La Ceiba, Honduras, from my hotel to the mall where I can plug in. 3/4 of the way there I stopped to snap some photos of a golf course (tiny, scruffy, urban thing) and other stuff when a truck pulled onto the shoulder nearby.

The short of it was that the truck driver and his girlfriend wanted to warn me that I was about 10 feet away from where a tourist got held up at gunpoint on the previous afternoon, and that I really ought not be walking around there with a backpack and any kind of electronics showing.

So of course I bummed a ride the rest of the way to the mall, and then cabbed it home instead of walking.

I'm hoping to change this with a four day trip to the mountains for hiking.

But anyway, what I mean to say is, go get that exercise! You and me both, pal!

Lisa said...

Wow, build a place for encouragement and it will come . . . or something like that. Thank you, people!

Steve, I have the worst habit of following the trails of things that interest me on the internet! I tell myself that it is more educational than watching television.

Jenn, I actually invested in a treadmill for my house last fall. And yes, I am so lazy that I have to be motivated to walk to my guest room (directly across the hall from my bedroom) to use it. You should SO come to Chicago for the games! Let me know if you decide to go!

Phil, I'm so glad you have nice people looking out for you! Way to be safe, and be careful on that hike.

I guess your well wishes sunk in even without me knowing it, as I worked out this morning. More tomorrow!