02 August 2008

Things I should have done today:

  1. Work
  2. Get a pedicure
  3. Organize my hard drive so I can get my photos caught up and backed up
  4. Work out on the treadmill
Things I did do today:
  1. Played with my Facebook page, spending time joining groups like "I judge you when you use poor grammar" and listing every book on my shelf as a have-read or -want-to-read on my "Bookshelf"
  2. Listened to the Cubs game
  3. Ate ginger lemon creme cookies
  4. Moved all my songs to my iPhone
  5. Searched for a reasonably priced first edition of Jerome Holtzman's "No Cheering in the Press Box"
  6. Spent 25 minutes testing different first digits for the code of my Amazon certificate, because the first digit was worn off the receipt as a result of my carrying it around in my wallet for such a long time
Hmmm . . . maybe this is why I never get things done!

5 comments:

jd said...

Looking on the bright side, you got more things done that you didn't plan to than were on the original to do list. Looks like it was a fun day, except for the last part.

Jay said...

Personally I think it sounds like a very productive day. I spent most of my day sending out flair and taking quizes on Facebook.

Missed the Cubs game though. haha ;-)

steve said...

Funny - one of the first groups I joined on Facebook was "I judge you when you use poor grammar".

I'm with Jay - I think that sounds like a very productive day.

Jenn said...

It sounds as if you had a most excellent and productive day, even if it did not go as planned.

I'm sure you heard that Mark Cuban is interested in purchasing the Cubs, no?

Lisa said...

Hey, all . . . thanks for encouraging my time-wasting tendencies! :)

Actually, JD, I was somewhat proud of myself for taking the time to make the Amazon certificate work. It was worth about $45, and I obtained it by taking all of my change to a change-counting machine. There might have been a day when I gave up in frustration, but for several minutes' effort, I was able to avoid wasting $45.

Jay, those Facebook quizzes are quite addictive! I avoided joining for a long time, despite several friends prodding me to join, precisely because I knew it would suck my time! But it is fun.

Steve, glad to hear we are similarly judging. I felt a bit guilty about it.

Jenn, yes, I have heard. I hope Cuban doesn't buy the Cubs, as I dread the cacophony of sound that Wrigley Field will become if he does.