11 January 2009

Long time no post . . .

Hello, all,

Happy New Year! As you know, I have been wishing for change for a while, but not doing a lot about it. I realized that little daily things are what bring about change, not some lightning bolt from above. So this will be the year of doing things differently, and doing new things.

Here are some of the new things I've done so far:

(1) Visited a new country--Guatemala, from 12/31 to 1/8
(2) Visited Jimmy's Food Store, a wonderful neighborhood treasure with delicious Italian sandwiches--1/10

I will continue to update the list.

What will you do this year?

Lisa

7 comments:

Jenn said...

I'm going to take as many art classes as I can cram into the year. The first one is coming up in April at the Pittsburgh Glass Center and I'm already looking forward to it.

Lisa said...

That's awesome, Jenn! You'll have to photograph your creations and post them on your blog or Facebook!

Anonymous said...

Good news: profound change arrives on Tuesday. :)

Anonymous said...

I hope Guatemala was inspiring! This year I'm going to be grateful, smile more, and trust that there is a place, somewhere, where "my kind" fits in. I also want to try accupuncture.

JD Stein said...

Hi Lisa,

Where's your post and beautiful pictures from Guatemala? I'm interested in learning about your trip as it is one of the countries I have wanted to visit.

Lisa said...

JD, I just saw this . . . I do need to make a post about Guatemala!. I put some of the pics up on Facebook . . . do you have an account there?

Melissa, that's a good list for 2009. I have always wanted to try acupuncture, too!

Marsosudiro said...

"I have always wanted to try acupuncture, too!"

Well don't be a slowpoke about it.

Hee hee hee :-)