10 March 2009

Oh, how time flies!

For those of you who have been so kind as to take a few moments to read my blog from time to time, I apologize for being absent without explanation. There are a variety of reasons for my not posting, one of which is the amount of time spent in my new romance with Facebook. I have really, really loved finding out what happened to so many people I haven't seen for a really long time. With me moving away from home after high school it has been particularly nice getting back in touch with childhood friends I had completely lost touch with so many years ago. Facebook doesn't replace this blog for me, though, as it is almost exactly the flip side of the blog--while Facebook is totally public and encompasses a wide array of friends, this blog is totally anonymous and allows me to dig a little deeper without fear of offending.

The other thing is that I have been thinking a lot about the "life issues" I have ruminated about here for years, but had nothing new to write about that and was worried you might poke your eyes out with sticks if I wrote about my career angst yet again. The only new twist in my mental wrestling match is that I was considering whether I want to have a child, but I realized that I simply have no business taking charge of a child's life when I am so clueless about my own. That doesn't mean that it won't happen--just that it can't happen right now.

So, I thought I would share with you some of the things I've been up to while I've been gone. I'm trying to figure out a more efficient way to post photos here now that I've switched to a Mac and Aperture, so stay tuned! And please catch me up on what you've been doing--I've missed you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lisa - I feel very privileged to be a Facebook pal and also one who's privvy to your more introspective side, as seen on this here blog. By the way, I think you are a very talented writer and am so glad that you're using your talents for good. I, too, can relate to the job angst. Oh, Lordy...it's so difficult to pull in the reins when you have mortgage, cars, loans, expensive aspiraitions (travel, wine cellar, new curtains, whatever)...All this stuff, weighing us down. I hope that you can cut through the clutter/crap and just DO what will make you happy. I have mine...too long to post here but it definitely involves moving & large-scale downsizing...Not just b/c of recession...Because I realize that i want to get out of bed every morning and smile, feel jazzed, laugh heartily at least (minimum) 1x/day. I realize that stuff like window shutters and claw-foot tubs won't get me there. I'm doing some "soul renovation" you might say. I can't wait to talk to you more about it, but I'm falling asleep.....
Stay beautiful.

Lisa said...

Hey, Melsy, thanks for the note! I'm looking forward to talking to you about this stuff also--I can't wait to hear what you've been pondering! I agree that it's important to realize the "stuff" does not add up to happiness. Talk to you soon . . .