I mean, I don't think I have ever gone a full two months without posting. This has been partly caused by my time spent on Facebook, and mainly caused by my scrambling to work, work, work, in the weeks before and after a two-week vacation that is one of the best I have ever experienced.
I have been thinking about what to do with the blog, and haven't decided yet. I miss the discipline of writing here, and the introspection that doesn't fit in a Facebook status update. Just writing this little non-post of a post feels good to me, so perhaps I am not finished. I think I am a little embarrassed and a lot frustrated that, despite several years of writing about this "new life" I had in view, I have made so little progress toward making it happen. Sure, I reached out for a change this summer, but as soon as those efforts faltered, I crept back into my protective shell. The phrase "all talk, no action" comes readily to mind.
I don't want to be writing here three years from now about my yearning for change--I want to be living that new life! While the first step is identifying the problem, I think the only way to work through this is to draw up concrete steps to be taken to move forward. Funny that I would use the word "concrete"--maybe the better word is "definite" or "measurable."
Anyway, I'm jumping back on this change horse and will be back in just a bit to jot down my roadmap.
12 October 2009
Gosh, does this mean my blog is abandoned?
Posted by Lisa at 1:55 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
My selfish hope is that you continue to write for my personal entertainment. :) Unselfishly, here's to progress: show us shell-dwellers the way out.
Post a Comment