
(This is a fake income tax return photo found on the internet--NOT MINE.)
In Internal Revenue Service circles, I am what is known as a "late filer." I always have overpaid my income tax and am owed a refund, but due to my slackerism in all matters personal, the federal government has traditionally received the benefit of free use of my money for several additional months. Typically, I miss the April 15th deadline and obtain an extension through August 15th, but last year was such a horror that I believe I even obtained an additional brief extension beyond August.
Hatred of one's government has the power to motivate even the most lazy tax filer, however. I am sure this is the case, because due to my determination not to let this administration have a penny more of my money than they insist upon, I have completed my tax return a record-setting (for me) 2 months before the deadline!
Yes, folks, it is true. Pats on the back are much appreciated, although the satisfaction of a deed well done is quite enough for me.
TO CLARIFY:
Under normal circumstances, I have no problem with the government taking some of my money and using it to make our country better. However, this administration will use it for things like a war based on false pretenses, shovel it to "faith-based" groups I do not support and throw it at fraud artists posing as Katrina victims because the government is too incompetent to audit the process of awarding funds at the most basic level. So, yes, right now I DO have a problem letting the government take my money or have free use of it for any period of time.
12 February 2006
I am so proud of myself!
Posted by Lisa at 6:18 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Wow..This is such a lousy job to execute. Good to have finished it..
Thanks, guys!
Post a Comment