20 February 2006

Top Ten Things I Hate About Air Travel

I am writing from the fine state of Florida, but more on that later. On the way here, I developed a list. I adore travel, but air travel has some definite downsides and I encountered each and every one of them on this trip. I found that it lowered my blood pressure to write about these things.

Without further ado:

  1. People who cough in the airport or on the plane without covering their mouth, especially when they cough on my hair or my back or in the air I'm about to walk through;
  2. People who do not help streamline the security process by taking off their shoes or removing required items from their bags;
  3. TSA personnel who apply different "clothing rules" to men and women, forcing women to disrobe under conditions when men are allowed to pass without doing so;
  4. Airline personnel who selectively apply the baggage size rules;
  5. People who place all their bags in the overhead bins without putting any bag under the seat in front of them;
  6. People who automatically recline their seats even when they are not sleeping;
  7. People who make calls on their cell phones from the plane, just to say, "I'm on the plane";
  8. Parents whose children pick their noses, depositing the product on the plane;
  9. People who hold up the plane by arriving incredibly late; and
  10. Listening to "Generic White Guy Talk," with comments like, "You'll be sitting on your porch with a shotgun."

4 comments:

Jay said...

I'm sure this list could have gone on forever. The security lines are what bug me the most. People know what they are going to have to do, but they are never ready. It's like people in line at the deli who wait until it's their turn to order before they even look at the menu. And the people at the store who wait until the cahier gives them the total before they even start to dig for their pocketbook ... ahhhhhhhhhh!

Oh yeah, and the dude in the seat next to me snoring. Always a fun time! haha

Have fun in the Sunshine state. Say "Hi" Jeb for me. hahhahahaha .. use all five fingers when you wave to him, ok? 8-)

Lisa said...

Thanks, Jay . . . LOVE that Jeb (not!).

DA said...

Jay said it. Airport security is my no.1. I Will post on this with some pics from Paris this weekend. They are really out of their mind over there. I hope posting lowers my bloodpressure too :-)

Lisa said...

I'm awaiting the pics, Dimitri!