I learned tonight that the reason my "Love Actually" CD won't play in my car is that I had the soundtrack and movie discs mixed up--I've been trying to play a movie in the car's CD player.
Friday night, I attending the Ben Folds/John Mayer concert with a friend (she procured our tickets from what turned out to be a 15 year old John Mayer Fan Club member whose grandmother drove him to the ticket/money exchange point, a Barnes and Noble). The combination of our semi-late arrival (near the end of Ben Folds' warmup act), Shiner Bock beer drinking, swooning over JM and blaring of a John Mayer CD in my top-down car while waiting for parking lot traffic to clear out afterward all added up to me feeling about 20 years younger. I'll let you decide if that was a good thing or not. It felt good to me!
As did the Cubs' sweep of the Chicago White Sox this weekend. Always a good thing!
In sad baseball news, Rod Beck, who is a part of Cubs pitching lore, died this weekend at age 38. I last saw him when he threw out the first pitch and sang "Take me out to the ballgame" at the Cubs/Giants game on my birthday last year. His untimely death is sad, as he was by all accounts not just a great baseball player, but also a great human being.
Downtown Dallas Sky, Last week, by Me
24 June 2007
Oddities
Posted by Lisa at 9:48 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
John Mayer concert!?! Cool. I love him. Ya gotta just let loose when you go to something like that and not get all frustrated with the stuff you can't control--crowds, parking, beer being spilled on ya. Good times.
The last concert I went to was Iron Maiden; I took Al for his birthday. I should write about that some day.
John Meyer? .. Uh ... well, hey, that's what's so great about music. It's all subjective, right?
That was terrible news about "Shooter" Beck. He was one of the better guys to play the game. I love the story about how when he played for Des Moines AAA club he just set up his Winnebago outside the stadium and lived there. After home games players and fans would just hang out and drink beer and shoot the breeze with him.
Love the picture.
Hi Lisa - I'm fine, just incredibly busy =).
How was Ben Folds? We have one of his live CD's and I love it - the studio material does not do enough justice to his talent.
Post a Comment