I meant to work this weekend and instead did fun things . . . saw a movie that made me think about whether a person is better off with their own parents or better parents, went on a house tour that included a church being made into a modern home and ate some excellent hummus. One of the best parts of my weekend was reading the Sunday New York Times nearly cover to cover. If there was only one thing I could keep about my weekends (assuming I could always spend time with my dogs), it would be reading the New York Times. Thank goodness that all of the good papers have not gone away in this age of corporate imperialism in the media world.
Phil had a 40th! birthday on Saturday and made an intriguing request for birthday presents. He asks that we each go out of our way to do more good or less harm than we otherwise would have, and report back to him. It's a great idea, birthday or no. It also makes me feel better to know that others would have to consciously think of this, as sometimes I feel as if I'm the last one figuring it all out.
Go forth and have a great week!
12 November 2007
Weekend and the Week Ahead
Posted by Lisa at 7:55 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
"saw a movie that made me think about whether a person is better off with their own parents or better parents." You saw Matilda? :-)
Thanks for the birthday linkage.
You have a good week, too. I love to sit with a cup of coffee and read the Sunday paper.
(there is nothing better than the Sunday NYT)
Post a Comment