20 May 2008

Sad day for progressive people.

One will always remember where he/she was when X [insert historic/memorable event] occurred. X varies depending on the generation. For my generation, it includes the attempted assassination of President Reagan, the explosion of the Challenger and, of course, 9/11. For me personally, X also includes the moment when I learned of my father's death.

Now, in addition to these things, I am pretty sure that I will always remember where I was when I learned that Senator Ted Kennedy had a malignant brain tumor. I hope that isn't the case. I hope he is treated successfully, recovers and only leaves us years from now as a result of something totally unrelated, rendering today's news but a faint memory. But watching so many grown men cry on the floor of the Senate Chambers today makes me worry that this outcome is highly unlikely.

0 comments: