As I type this, my car is being made to look sparkling and new again. I want this to be a metaphor for me, as I need to take care of myself this way. Exercise, eating right, and above all, stopping the mental self-flagellation at which I am all too practiced.
I just spent a weekend with law school friends that was wonderful. But it was shadowed by the knowledge that I have lost my job and did not feel I could tell them. Keeping a secret like that is very stressful, so much so that I find myself tearing up due to the relief of typing it here.
So, this week marks the beginning of three months of intensive job searching. I intend to do something completely different, maybe not even a law job. I am not sure yet what that will look like, but I am trying to keep hopefulness in my heart so I can believe that whatever it is, it will be a better fit for me.
I am glad I feel okay sharing this with you.
16 September 2012
Detailing the Car
Posted by Lisa at 11:40 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I have no doubt that you will find something fulfilling and wonderful . My thoughts are with you.
Thanks so much, Jenn. That means a lot.
Post a Comment