Today I tried two new things. First, I actually kept a social appointment, a lunch with someone with whom I interviewed a few years ago. I like her and thought she would make a good professional and personal contact. I enjoyed our lunch and was so glad I ignored my instinct, which was to reschedule the lunch.
Next, I walked to the Merchandise Mart after lunch. I have always been curious about what lies within the Mart and I finally satisfied my curiosity today, fulfilling my promise to myself to check out at least one new Chicago place each week. I worry that I have become a complacent Chicagoan, spending far too much time shuttered in my condo, especially given that the weather is still very nice for exploring. So I'm going to keep this promise to myself and am glad to have explored the Mart today.
Next, I walked to the Merchandise Mart after lunch. I have always been curious about what lies within the Mart and I finally satisfied my curiosity today, fulfilling my promise to myself to check out at least one new Chicago place each week. I worry that I have become a complacent Chicagoan, spending far too much time shuttered in my condo, especially given that the weather is still very nice for exploring. So I'm going to keep this promise to myself and am glad to have explored the Mart today.

0 comments:
Post a Comment