I am in a weird, but also somewhat enviable, place right now. I have income through the end of the year, though I am (mostly) not working. My only job is to search for a job and think about what I want to do with my life, basically in that order. You see, I feel the need to find a way to pay the bills first. After that, I'll figure out what it is that I REALLY want to do. Maybe that sounds backward, but I love my condo and want to keep it.
My days have taken on an odd shape so far, halfway through this halfway time. So far, I've mostly stayed in the condo, doing periodic job searching and sleeping more than I should. On the bright side, I do have my holiday card envelopes for this year addressed already, a record for me. But I know I should get out of the house more and exercise more as well.
To give myself a more concrete goal, I've signed up for the GRE and Psych GRE, both of which are in November. I haven't studied nearly enough and need to get on that in a more structured way, a la the bar exam.
Now I need to choose a place to study each day that is away from the distractions of my condo. Someplace where I'll feel rewarded just by getting out of the house, even if the purpose is to study. I may check out one of the oldest libraries in Chicago to see what it's like. Or maybe I'll become the new best customer of the coffee shop around the corner.
I'm trying to view this time more positively and get the most out of it. Any supportive thoughts you have in that regard are very welcome.
My days have taken on an odd shape so far, halfway through this halfway time. So far, I've mostly stayed in the condo, doing periodic job searching and sleeping more than I should. On the bright side, I do have my holiday card envelopes for this year addressed already, a record for me. But I know I should get out of the house more and exercise more as well.
To give myself a more concrete goal, I've signed up for the GRE and Psych GRE, both of which are in November. I haven't studied nearly enough and need to get on that in a more structured way, a la the bar exam.
Now I need to choose a place to study each day that is away from the distractions of my condo. Someplace where I'll feel rewarded just by getting out of the house, even if the purpose is to study. I may check out one of the oldest libraries in Chicago to see what it's like. Or maybe I'll become the new best customer of the coffee shop around the corner.
I'm trying to view this time more positively and get the most out of it. Any supportive thoughts you have in that regard are very welcome.

0 comments:
Post a Comment