09 June 2005

Almost there.

No, not yet "almost" for the new life. Although I have learned that the amount of bullshit one can tolerate in the average workday increases exponentially when one knows that the days in which one will have to tolerate such things are numbered.

"Almost there" refers to my VACATION. Yes, rip rock rollin' vacation, a whole week of it!!! And it won't involve seeing family members . . . to the contrary, it will be an excellent mix of solitude and time spent with old friends and new friends, with a liberal dash of baseball-watching thrown in for good measure. Oh, and cute hip hotels like this:



and this:



In light of how little sleep I've had in the last few weeks, I fear that I may sink into one of the lovely beds, with curtains drawn like a cave, and never emerge.

But I know I will see fantastic things that will draw me from my room, such as this place:



and this temple:



and another kind of temple:



Okay, that's all for you! Just a taste, the tiniest lick of the spoon covered with frosting, because I am going to have some smashing photos from this trip! I can't wait . . . one more day.


0 comments: