I cannot sleep. Anyway, I might as well write if I cannot sleep.
I thought I would bring your attention to this story. The subject, Jamie Olis, is a law school friend of mine. He was, as the story notes, made the "poster boy" for white collar crime when he received a 24-year sentence based on his conviction for various offenses arising from an accounting transaction while he was a tax executive with Dynegy.
I am deeply heart-glad for him that the case has been remanded by the Fifth Circuit so that the trial court can reconsider the length of his sentence. He must be feeling more hope now than he has in quite some time. Interestingly, though the opinion was issued on Monday, an internet search for the story generates very few hits. This is in stark contrast to the initial stories of his indictment and conviction, which generated thousands of hits, including a front-page Wall Street Journal article.
02 November 2005
Damn this sore throat!
Posted by Lisa at 1:34 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment