19 November 2005

A new favorite blog of mine.



I recently stumbled upon a new (to me) blog, called "The Big Yellow House." I think I found it via a ring of home renovation web sites, which serve as my poor computer geek's substitute for HGTV, now that I have gone a year without subscribing to cable/satellite television.

Anyway, Chris, the mother of the family that resides in the Big Yellow House, is also the writer of the House's blog. And she is a very good writer. When I read her blog, I feel like I'm living in the "Please Don't Eat the Daisies" house, only with an even larger family. After a few perusals of her blog, I was trying to count the number of children Chris has. This was no easy task, because she typically writes about only a few of them at a time, referring to them like this: "my third son" "my daughter," etc. But when they aren't all mentioned in the same story, it is hard to figure out where the counting stops (I refuse to blame my own lack of analytical ability, as this type of question is one I typically ace on standardized exams--she said defensively).

But finally Chris had me stumped, and I had to know how many kids live in that house (or more accurately, how many kids Chris so smoothly manages to manage every day). So I just posted a comment and asked her if she truly has seven kids, with one on the way (which was my best calculation after many attempts)? She kindly answered my question, but I found myself strangely disappointed when she said she "only" has seven, but that there will be no more on the way--"ever" (she said emphatically).

0 comments: