11 February 2006

Quick Pre-Dinner Meme of Quatre

Here it is:

FOUR JOBS I'VE HAD:

  1. corn detassler for DeKalb-Pfizer Genetics . . . I rose to the lofty position of bus supervisor (the pinnacle position of the detassling industry) before hanging up my shorts and t-shirt;
  2. photographer's assistant/telemarketer of senior photos/putter-together of wedding proof books for a local photographer;
  3. sales clerk at Pool-a-Rama; and
  4. nighttime worker at a detention center.
FOUR MOVIES I CAN WATCH OVER AND OVER:
  1. Philadelphia Story
  2. You've Got Mail
  3. Breakfast at Tiffany's
  4. Broadcast News
FOUR PLACES I'VE LIVED:
  1. Plano, Illinois
  2. Georgetown, Texas
  3. Austin, Texas
  4. Houston, Texas
  5. Dallas, Texas (okay, all five)
FOUR TV SHOWS I LOVE:

I do not have television--not cable or regular TV, anyway. But here are shows I loved when I did:

  1. Sex and the City
  2. Six Feet Under
  3. Seinfeld
  4. Curb Your Enthusiasm
FOUR PLACES I'VE VACATIONED:
  1. Paris
  2. Greece
  3. Santa Fe, New Mexico
  4. Boston, MA
FOUR OF MY FAVORITE DISHES:
  1. anything Tex-Mex from Chuy's
  2. sushi
  3. an excellent filet mignon with mushrooms
  4. my mother's lasagne
FOUR BLOGSITES I VISIT DAILY:
  1. http://www.cubs.com/
  2. http://www.overheardinnewyork.com/
  3. http://www.aclutx.org/
  4. http://www.washingtonpost.com/
FOUR PLACES I WOULD RATHER BE RIGHT NOW:
  1. Exploring Asia, including but not limited to Japan, China and Thailand
  2. Watching the Cubs win the World Series
  3. Road-tripping through France and Italy
  4. in New York, preparing to go to the opera and a late romantic dinner.

3 comments:

Jay said...

"Watching the Cubs win the World Series"

I really admire Cubs fans. You guys never give up hope, even when there is no hope. Cubs fans deserve so much better.

DA said...

May I join the Asia tour? Perhaps we'd get some discount??

Lisa said...

Thank you, Jay . . . I will remember you when we celebrate that pennant in October!

Dimitri, of course you may join the tour! I'll plan the sightseeing and you can ensure that we do not exceed our budget.