01 November 2006

Merry Christmas.

On my way home from work last night, I saw that a local strip mall (albeit a very nice mall) was putting up its Christmas lights. Yikes.

Speaking of which, I guess I should figure out what I'm doing for Christmas this year. Last year's practically spontaneous trip to Paris set a high bar for doing something fun for the holiday. I welcome any suggestions you may have!

7 comments:

jd said...

Spontanaety worked well last year. Maybe you should just wait and see what opens up. Speaking of Paris, last night I booked some frequent flyer tickets there for Breanna and I for a trip in May. Any suggestions of where to take a 9 year old would be greatly appreciated.

DA said...

Merry Christmas to you and JD too!

Amsterdam JD, Amsterdam would be a good suggestion :-)

Kell said...

Have you been to London for Christmas? I always threaten to leave everyone for the holidays and go to London. I'd like to spend Christmas in England some day. But then, I'd like to go anywhere and everywhere.

JD--what a lucky little girl. What a great Dad! I would ask you to adopt me, but I think I'm older than you and that might just seem a bit odd :)

Jay said...

I've always heard that Belgium is beautiful during the Christmas Holidays. But, I agree with Kell about London. Two words: Charles Dickens

jd said...

Actually, DA we are returning through Amsterdam so we will spend a few days there. Your suggestions on what an eight year old would find of interest there would be appreciated. Feel free to post it on my blog so Lisa doesn't take offense to my finalizing itineraries in her comment space. Kell, I wouldn't be so sure you are older than me. Besides, you have that Italy trip to look forward too.

Lisa said...

Wow, you guys have exploded with great ideas! In the meantime yesterday, I have hatched a plan for some late January travel with California friends (to Hawaii! my first visit ever!), so this means my Christmas trip will probably be of the more cost conscious variety. This means a bit more planning is required. Luckily, this is something I love to do!

And JD, I would never take offense at others' itinerary planning taking place in my comment area . . . I can hardly think of a higher or better use for my blog! :)

steve said...

I'm with Kell - I think Christmas in London would be incredible.

And I was walking through Macy's yesterday when I noticed that they're playing Christmas tunes on the Muzak already. Truly evil.