08 November 2006

Oh my Goodness.

Yes, the Democrats recaptured the House, and may (knock on wood) have retaken the Senate as well. But that's not what has me so amazed.

It is this. Even though Texans as a state were more forgiving of the GOP than voters in other states, my fellow Dallasites were not so kindhearted. It is with great joy that I report to you, Dear Readers, that in Dallas, the Democrats won nearly every contested race, including almost every state judgeship (yes, we elect judges in the state of Texas). This is mostly good, as there were some very, very arrogant and bad Republican judges here who needed to go. But it is also bad, as a few really awful Democratic judge candidates succeeded, much to the detriment of those who will appear in their courts.

Overall, I am heartened. Change is possible. I hope it continues!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Same in PA. Rick Santorum - gone! Casey is only slightly more moderate, but I was still thrilled to see Santorum get booted.

GOP - Grand Old Party?

Kell said...

That is pretty surprising for Texas! We "stayed the course" in Nebraska but the incumbent dem Ben Nelson stayed in the senate and the incumbent congressman squeaked by--much closer than they thought it would be. It's pretty amazing. I really didn't know what to expect. I just wanted some kind of gain so that Bush would know how upset we are.

Oh yeah, GOP is Grand Old Party.

Jay said...

All seven Constitutional offices went Democratice and by HUGE margins in Arkansas. Republicans could only muster a high water mark of 43%.

GOP = Greedy Old Pricks