30 November 2006

Snow day!

It snowed in Dallas yesterday and the temperature stayed below freezing most of the day. Many schools had the day off. Others closed early, as did our office. Being a dedicated little worker bee, I stayed at work, busily digging out from the pileup that occurred while I prepared the brief I filed on Wednesday. We only see snow here about once a year, and it is a treat. Everything slows down and it becomes quiet and peaceful. Seeing everything dusted with a thin layer of snow brings back fond memories of my childhood, when we frequently saw things covered with inches of snow. The neighbors purposely flooded their back yard each winter to create an ice rink, and we dug caves and tunnels into the drifts of snow in our back yard. Ah, winter . . .

I made a decision on the photographs for my friend, though I'm not sure I am satisfied with my choice. Here's what I chose:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Today I'm going to a luncheon where former Vice Presidential Candidate John Edwards will speak. I'm excited to see him in person and to hear what he has to say!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those pictures are beautiful.

Tell John I said "hello". And that he's never going to be President. But, I like him anyway. Tell him to aim lower like going back to the Senate or even Gov of North Carolina.

Or, if he doesn't want back in politics he needs to join up with Clinton and his foundation. There are lots of great things he could do.

Anonymous said...

Wow, what beautiful, moody photographs. Was the sky really that pink in the first photograph?

John Edwards? I am so envious!

Kell said...

Those are beautiful. I especially love the first one. She'll love them.

Have a great time seeing John Edwards. Looking forward to your post about it!

Lisa said...

Hey, thanks, guys, you have made me feel better about my choice. Jenn, I think the sky was that color, as I try not to alter my photos. At the most, I "color corrected" it automatically, but I didn't add any pink.