I heard it first on This American Life, then in Shrek. I thought it an odd song for Shrek -- the tune fit the mood of the scene, but the lyrics seemed to specific and unfitting.
No matter. It's an amazing piece. I think I'm going to downstairs and play it on the piano.
5 comments:
(One of my favorites, too)
The "late" Jeff Buckly? I actually didn't know that. Very nice song though
Such a song...
I heard it first on This American Life, then in Shrek. I thought it an odd song for Shrek -- the tune fit the mood of the scene, but the lyrics seemed to specific and unfitting.
No matter. It's an amazing piece. I think I'm going to downstairs and play it on the piano.
Hey, Jay, I believe Jeff Buckley was found drowned a few years ago while taking a swim in a local (to him) river.
Phil, you can just decide to play it? Without music? I bow down to you, sir!
Hi Lisa --
No full bow necessary!
I yanked the chords and lyrics off the internet and went from there.
I guess it takes a little bit of talent/experience (and effort) to do that, so I'd accept the touch of your hat brim, but not more!
Here, by the way, is the best transcription that I found:
http://www.heartwoodguitar.com/Guitar%20Music%20for%20Web/Buckley,%20Jeff%20-%20Hallelujah.htm
Post a Comment