Hey, check it out . . . a journalist has uncovered correspondence between Scooter Libby and The Shrub, in which Scooter begs for a pardon. Very interesting reading.
08 March 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hey, check it out . . . a journalist has uncovered correspondence between Scooter Libby and The Shrub, in which Scooter begs for a pardon. Very interesting reading.
4 comments:
Poor Scooter. I actually think he deserves a pardon. I mean, if you keep a charade as long as he did to protect the White House and Dick Cheney and W, then he deserves to be rewarded for that. We all know this operation was run out of the White House and Scoots was just trying to protect them in the '04 elections.
If George W. Bush has even a fraction of the class and loylaty and is about 1/10 the decent human being his supporters keep trying to claim he is, he will pardon Libby and accept Cheney's resignation. But, W doesn't have any class and isn't a decent human being so NEITHER of those things are going to happen.
What a pathetic man Libby is. He didn't have enough sense to realize that he was being used. Or, he thought Cheney would save him. What a fool.
That was really funny, especially since I got hooked into thinking the link was to something "real".
But I didn't get the reference at the end about a funeral. Can you enlighten me? (Much as you did that federal attorney you met with earlier?)
The guy who wrote that is a local sports/humor radio "personality." He has a very dark sense of humor and loves to end "bits" with a character shooting himself, so my guess is that the ending was intended to suggest that Mr. Libby gave up.
It sounds terrible writing it here, but I think hearing Gordon do this little "joke" so often has desensitized me to it when coming from him.
Post a Comment