I travel so much and am so busy at work in between trips that sometimes I forget how nice it is just to putter around the house on a Sunday. I am on a simplification mission, and I managed to purge a bit more "stuff" this morning, after which I relaxed with coffee and pancakes and the New York Times. The dogs love lounging around and I am no different.
Now I'm off to whip out a bit of work, then take my new car on its first-ever road trip: to Houston, where I will spend time with friends tonight and have a business meeting tomorrow. On the way, I will listen to the Cubs' game on the radio, feel the wind ruffle my hair and revel in the sense of peace that has recently arrived from I-don't-know-where.
I hope your Sunday is just as lovely!
11 March 2007
Lazy Sunday
Posted by Lisa at 2:43 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
A new car? I must have miss that post. Last I remember, you were debating whether to junk your Volvo.
So what does a partner at a corporate law firm, who must look successful for clients, but at the same time doesn't want to be ridiculed at meetings for her favorite cause drive?
Hey, JD . . . you didn't miss the post--I felt guilty about my conspicuous consumption and didn't make a post about the car. But I believe I pursued a modest route, all things considered, as I purchased a Toyota Solara convertible. I haven't taken pictures of it yet, but it is a lovely metallic light blue color, with a tan top and ivory interior. After my Volvo experience, I decided to go for reliability. In response to your very good question, my choice brought support from my more practical/frugal colleagues and thinly disguised scorn from the more, shall I say, "car hungry" set in my office. But I'm happy with the choice--the car is beautiful, comfortable, reliable and technologically advanced (at least, compared to what I was used to) and I don't feel like I'm tied to a crazy car payment I couldn't make if I was to switch directions.
Yes, I can relate to your guilt on conspicuous consumption. I also didn't post last Fall on my new car. I think you made a great choice. We have owned many Toyotas through the years and have had no trouble. As for my car purchase, your "car hungry" colleagues would have been pleased, which is why in my shame I only drive it night. :)
Ooh, what kind of car did you get, JD? And do you wear your "sunglasses at night" when you drive? (if you aren't familiar with the reference, please Google Corey Hart and "sunglasses at night" before chalking me up as crazy)
I remember that song now that I listened to it. I have the bad habit of never paying attention to the words of songs so I never noticed the words, "sunglasses at night" even though I've probably heard the thing a hundred times.
It's a BMW 530xl. With Camden driving, he took over our Subaru. I won't be offended if you stop reading my blog now. But in my defense, the car does manage to get 31 miles a gallon on the highway so I'm not a total environmental wastecase.
Post a Comment