31 August 2007

Boston to Bedford, N.H.

I'll fill in some details later, but here is what I have done so far:

  • Actually make a 6:55 a.m. flight, albeit with very little sleep
  • experienced first flight delay due to plane malfunction in quite some time
  • land in Boston and spend first 30 minutes on a call for my civil rights organization
  • find my rental car place (not the airport one--the city center location was much cheaper)
  • begin driving to New Hampshire, veering off for a detour when I saw the main highway was an unpleasant parking lot
  • find the inn with very little trouble, enjoying the quaint New England houses along the way
  • find myself in the middle of a wedding at the inn (literally)
  • tear myself away from a comfortable, homey room to go to a New Hampshire Fisher Cats game
  • attended game at a nice little park where they serve "Chowdah"
  • explored downtown Manchester, N.H. for just a bit
  • ensconced in comfortable bed back at the Inn, and no way am I having a wakeup call--nibbling warm cookies left by Inn staff
Happy Labor Day, all!

1 comments:

Betty said...

Sounds like a great start. Have fun.