14 August 2007

The Emasculating Puff

"To my warped mind, the puff screams out emasculation."

These are the words of my friend J, regarding his discomfort with his girlfriend leaving a puff in their shower. Then he explained why the shower mitt, to which she has now converted, does not bother him as much. I'm guessing that the extreme wonder, bordering on hysterical humor, with which I listened to this story is just one of the many reasons I remain single at age 37.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

5 comments:

Kell said...

My hubby actually likes those things. He put up a good fight, but not any more. He'd probably rather I not mention this. Oops.

Anonymous said...

I get this (says the guy single at 39).

Jenn said...

I've had the same experience as Kell. J actually like them and has destroyed more then one of "my" puffs.

Unknown said...

Hmmm . . . I'm seeing a pattern here: Married guys: okay with puff.
Unmarried guys: not okay with puff.

Jay said...

I have no opinion on puffs. I'm kinda riding the fence here. If pressed I would probably be agin 'em.

Oh, and I don't want to alarm you or anything, but my Cardinals (AKA: the whitest team in baseball in 60 years) are only 3.5 games back. Just sayin'