22 December 2007

Christmas Tidbits

Gosh, I have accomplished a lot this weekend. The completed items from my to-do list:

  • buy adult and children's drinks for Christmas Eve
  • buy presents for friend's mother and stepfather
  • buy 14x25x1 filters for upstairs AC/heat unit
  • buy Christmas present for dogs
  • find Christmas present bought long ago for Dan
  • return unused tree lights to Target
  • buy skirt for Christmas tree (I own about three of these, but can find none of them)
  • complete work project for taking to New Hampshire
  • tidy up house
  • locate gloves to take to New Hampshire
  • prepare photographs for live sale and submit more photos for review at PhotoShelter
  • see "Before the Devil Knows You're Dead"
  • get pedicure
And the items remaining, some to be completed today and some to be completed before or shortly after the holidays are over:
  • more billable work
  • retrieve gifts from my office (DONE)
  • print boarding pass for tomorrow's flight (DONE)
  • wrap gifts (DONE)
  • wash clothes/pack for New Hampshire trip (DONE)
  • select reading material for New Hampshire trip (DONE)
  • facial
  • car repair
  • see "No Country for Old Men," "Charlie Wilson's War" (DONE), "The Savages," "Juno" and "The Kite Runner"
The picture-guessing contest will remain open until Christmas morning, when I shall reveal the answers before flying off to New Hampshire.

I find myself longing for Paris, where I spent four days, including Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, two years ago. Paris seems the right place to be for Christmas. Maybe next year . . .

Photobucket

1 comments:

Marsosudiro said...

"buy 14x25x1 filters for upstairs AC/heat unit"

You bought 350 filters for your AC/heat unit? That's dedication! :D

[Math nerds of the world, unite.]

Happy ho-ho days.

I find myself with ~24 unspoken-for-hours in the middle of Christmas. (Extended relatives left town after brunch, and my folks don't expect to see me again until dinner tomorrow night.)

Your bullet lists inspire me to make the most of this "free" time.

Thanks!