This New York Times analysis of last night's Republican Party debate in Iowa is really cool. It's a graphic that lets you see the number of words spoken and the speaking time for various candidates. You can also hone in on particular portions of the transcript. There is also an interactive video that jumps to the part in which the words that interest you are spoken.
*******
Things are heating up on the baseball stove. I felt like a little girl on Christmas morning when I awoke yesterday to find the Chicago Cubs have landed one of the most coveted free agents, Japanese outfielder Kosuke Fukudome. Still waiting for: (1) Ron Santo, beloved Cubs radio broadcaster, to mispronounce his name in a manner that draws a huge fine from the FCC; and (2) the big Major League Baseball "drug report" from independent investigator/Red Sox Director George Mitchell, who has spent the last year and a half saying "pretty please" while trying to get people to rat out the drug users in baseball. They say there will be lots of big names in it . . . I hope none are (currently) Cubs.
*******
Did you know you are supposed to regularly switch out the filters on your A/C and heat vents in your house? (Asked the very stuffed up girl.)
13 December 2007
Thursday Tidbits
Posted by Lisa at 9:23 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
I learned about changing the filters many years ago, as a graduate student in North Carolina, when my furnace shut down entirely in the middle of winter because the filters were so clogged. I received a stern lecture from the furnace repairman.
Luckily, I have a husband who remembers to do that; otherwise, I might burn down the house. That's one of those hard-learned lessons.
Looks like there are going to be a number of Yankees on the list. Including Clemmons and Andy (good Christian, please ignore my womanizing and drug use and just talk to me about my personal relationship with Jesus Christ) Pettit.
It's amazing to see all the media types who have been hammering Bonds for years now trying to split hairs and even excuse steroid use. It's kind of disgusting really.
*UPDATE*
Lots of reports that Kerry Wood and Mark Pryor will both be on the list.
Probably used them in their attempts to rehab from injuries. And probably what caused them to break down again so soon after coming back from those injuries.
*UPDATE 2*
Turns out Wood and Prior are NOT on the list. Neither is Albert Pujols.
A Chicago radio station was reporting all three were on the list this morning. Now they're apologizing all over the place.
Yikes, Jenn and Kell! I am now the proud owner of 6 of these filters so I have plenty of backups for the months to come.
Jay, I'm relieved that the initial reports on the Mitchell list were wrong. As it turns out, only minor Cubs were involved, and no current players. Sorry the Cards cannot say the same, with Ankiel at the heart of it. Oh, and I think Roger Clements is a lying bastard.
Post a Comment