this is one of the things I have learned as a volunteer for my favorite candidate.
A John Edwards supporter would engage with you on the issues. Bill Richardson supporters were also quite nice, certainly full of respect for their candidate. Of course, my candidate's supporters are thrilled to hear from a fellow supporter and are happy, excited and full of hope, but also able to speak intelligently on the issues. But those who plan to vote for Hillary Clinton and receive a call from a volunteer for another candidate are, in my experience, the quickest to be sarcastic, caustic and/or yell "I'm voting for Hillary" into the phone and hang up on the volunteer. A suspicion or mistrust hangs heavily in their voice.
And now, the Clinton campaign has purported to say who Ann Richards would have supported in this race, even over the objection of Ann Richards' sons. This disgusts me.
I can't wait for next Tuesday. But before then, I have a million precinct captain calls to make.
P.S. I should add: this analysis of meanness does not apply to my dear friends who like Hillary Clinton. They would never be mean, to me or anyone, and are nice to me despite the fact that I keep putting my foot in my mouth about their fondness for their candidate.
27 February 2008
Hillary supporters are the meanest . . .
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
The only people I have gotten the "Barack Obama is a Muslim" emails from are Hillary supporters.
I've been a mostly dispassionate observer of the Democratic primaries. Mainly because PA votes so late that I don't feel invested the same way much of the country has been this year. And there have been dirty tactics from both camps.
But the stunts from Clinton supporters over the past several months have finally made me say enough. Shame on them. And shame on Hillary for not coming straight out and throwing them off the bus (so to speak). I hate the fact that I believed that she was better than that only to see her demonstrate that she is not.
Hang in there Lisa. Soon enough you'll move on to dealing with the Ron Paul nuts =).
Post a Comment