The concert was great! Slightly more mellow than I expected, but that applies to the audience, not Bruce. This was definitely the oldest audience, on average, of any concert I have attended, and includes seeing Chicago back in the 80's. Additionally, my friend Jim observed that we were sitting next to a section of surprisingly sitting-oriented people, which may have skewed my view in this regard, as most people throughout the audience were standing more often than not.
I understand now why people love Bruce's shows . . . it's because he loves his audience and the music and thoroughly enjoys what he does, feeding off the energy of the people who have come to see him. He gives you your money's worth, and then some: the concert lasted about 2 1/2 hours, with only a very short break before his encore. He latched onto a gaggle of wild 10-year old girls whose mother was introducing them to Bruce . . . those girls, along with their preteen brother, ended up "Dancing in the Dark" onstage with The Legend, something I am sure they will never forget.
The music is great, of course, but it really feels more like an anthem or a voice for the discontent that so many of us have developed in the last eight years. I was curious to see how people in Dallas would respond to what was predicted to be a mini-rant by the artist. Jim says some booed, but I didn't hear it. This may have been because I was cheering loudly. I admire Bruce for not changing this theme just because he's in Dallas.
Great show . . . I highly recommend it. Badlands was my favorite of the tunes, but there were many good ones. Oh yes, and Jon Bon Jovi, in town for a concert tonight, assisted with the lead on Glory Days. Cool!
I always find myself being introspective at a concert or performance of any kind, really. This one was no different. The question I kept asking myself is, "What are you afraid of?" This is something I plan to explore in-depth in the weeks to come!
On to Houston for show number two!
14 April 2008
Initial Bruce Report
Posted by Lisa at 9:35 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
"He latched onto a gaggle of wild 10-year old girls whose mother was introducing them to Bruce . . . those girls, along with their preteen brother, ended up "Dancing in the Dark" onstage with The Legend, something I am sure they will never forget."
It worked for Courtney Cox!
Post a Comment