I'm confused about why my dog K wasn't wearing a collar when I returned home from work last night.
"Bittersweet" is, by definition, the feeling one has when one returns home after a long Sunday at the office to find a message a friend left much earlier that day on her home answering machine, offering her tickets to the Dallas Mavericks playoff game that just ended minutes earlier, and which the Mavericks lost.
I believe perfectionism is the single largest impediment to my productivity. Overcoming perfectionism is not easy, as it is a "skill" I have honed over the course of many years. But in the last two days, I have managed to get past it and just get things done by deciding it is more important to accomplish something than to accomplish it in the way I would do it if I had all the time in the world, to infinity, in which to work on it. Surprisingly, it felt just as satisfying to finish in that way as it would have in the other.
It isn't very fun to search, barefoot in one's robe, at 7:00 am on a Monday morning, for a missing dog collar.
I hope you have this kind of week:
(Taken by me, Dallas Arboretum)
28 April 2008
Random Monday Thoughts
Posted by Lisa at 6:58 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment