17 July 2005

Jobs that won't make my resume

Something I heard recently made me think back on all of the jobs I held before I became a lawyer. The list made me laugh, even without writing snarky comments about each job. I continue to remember other jobs, but here is the list as I recall it right now, in semi-chronological order:

Babysitter
Newspaper thrower
Detasseler/Crew Leader/Bus Supervisor
Photographer’s “Girl Friday”
Waitress at the Golden Coins
Tourism and Convention Bureau temp
Winner’s Circle (off-track betting place) temp
Poolarama clerk
State psychiatric hospital intern
Juvenile probation intern
Nanny for an FBI agent's family
Juvenile detention center worker in central Texas
Barbeque sauce factory worker
Bennigan’s hostess
Catering assistant

I plan to write a bit about these jobs, but first I wanted to sit with the list as it is.

1 comments:

Lisa said...

As a matter of fact, sir, they ARE! I will write more about each momentarily! :)