01 July 2005

One of the most important events in the dark age the US has experienced since 2000--and WHAT YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT.

You may have heard today about U.S. Supreme Court Justice Sandra Day O'Connor's resignation. After you have moved past the sharp-intake-of-breath-and-sinking-feeling phase, with which I am familiar due to personal experience, you may ask yourself, as I did, "What can I do?"


Well, David NYC at the Daily Kos web site has some ideas:

Whatever happens with the Supreme Court nomination battle that is about to ensue, it's going to happen fast. Here are some things you can do right now:

  • Sign MoveOn's "Protect Our Rights" petition.

  • Contact members of the media and tell them you think Bush should nominate a consensus candidate. PLEASE be polite, be brief (200 words or less), and don't do copy-and-paste jobs - put things in your own words.

  • Stop by Hunter's thread and make suggestions for potential nominees.

0 comments: