Here are a few things I have been pondering recently:
On writing: I think half the battle of writing is having the discipline to make a mental note of the interesting things one encounters, so as to be able to write about them. I run across a million interesting things a day, but in the chaos that is my life, most of them fly right by and are never noted here. In contrast, a hallmark of the blogs I love to read is that the writers of those blogs pay excellent attention to detail, then write about it in an interesting way.
On working out: Today was supposed to be the second consecutive day of my actually visiting the place to which I pay a chunk of money every month and then, upon my arrival, working out. As you can see by the fact that I am still sitting here typing, that is not going to happen. Why not? Well, when I worked out yesterday, it felt great both during and after, and I was really glad that I graced them with my presence once again. Shouldn't that make you want to work out, you say? Well, yes, it should. But I woke up later than I wanted today, then let myself become sucked into my computer, which meant I did not get out of here in time to work out. I am now slightly panicked regarding all I must accomplish at work today. Tomorrow. Tomorrow. Tomorrow. I will work out tomorrow, mark my words!
Pajamas: I have a confession. I am addicted to pajamas. Not just any kind . . . the kind with pants and a top that are so cute you could almost . . . almost wear them out in public. I say this because there have been many occasions when I have wanted to wear my pajamas in public, but maybe once when I actually did. This is because I think that no matter how many times one tells oneself, "No one will know these are my pajamas," yes, they know. So instead I am the guilty owner of a gajillion pair of pajamas, the newest of which I purchased yesterday during my visit to Target in the Hood. (Pink--not usually my color of choice, but I was feeling girly--and made of the softest knit ever). As much as I love the Super Target, there is an indescribable satisfaction one finds in shopping at the Target in the Hood . . . I wish I knew what it was. The only thing this Target lacked was a wading pool for my dogs . . . something I have had a tough time locating this summer. Please do not make me go to Wal-Mart in search of this item . . . please, I beg of you. No Wal-Mart.
11 July 2005
Random Thoughts
Posted by Lisa at 7:01 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Aw, Brett, thank you so much! I am truly flattered, especially because I can tell from your blog that you are a very good writer. Thank you for the kind words.
Post a Comment