23 November 2005

I find myself feeling oh so thankful.

On the eve of Thanksgiving this year, I find myself feeling thankful. Thankful for my health, and that I did not have to have surgery, and that certain functions of my body should not be affected in the future. I am thankful for my good friends, who comfort me in times of crisis and make my life fuller by letting me share in their lives:









I am thankful for the opportunities I have had to travel this year. My life is richer for having seen . . .

this sky from my friend Kent's porch in Houston:



the New Mexico winter sky:



a rainy day in Massachusetts:



gorgeous art on the Harvard campus:



a veteran at the JFK museum:



my favorite French cafe in NYC:



view of the Arch from my hotel in St. Louis:



Lions at the Chicago Art Institute wearing White Sox caps during the World Series:



the Museum of Contemporary Art in Chicago:



Dog beach in Chicago:



Fall color in Boonville, Missouri:



lovely San Francisco:



I am thankful for two of the great loves of my life, baseball and the Chicago Cubs, without which I would not have had these experiences:





















I am thankful for my ability to interact with people of all kinds, like . . .

boy at Fenway Park:



this little girl in Luckenbach, Texas:



Cubs fans at Wrigley:




I am thankful for the simple beauty I have been privileged to witness in my everyday life, like these views from my house or very near my house:







There is oh so much more to be thankful for . . . this list merely scratches the surface. But I feel content today, thankful for this overflowing cup from which I drink.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. Second best post ever.

Lisa said...

Thanks, Q! Which one was the best (she asked, vainly)?