Over the Christmas holiday, I read a few books that re-sparked my interest in reading--Anne Lamott's Bird by Bird and Alan Alda's memoir, Never Stuff Your Dog. (By the way, I highly recommend each of these books). Ambitiously, I have amassed a towering stack of books to be read in the year 2006. The pile includes the following (thus far):
- Out of Africa, by Isak Dinesen
- Our Endangered Values, by Jimmy Carter
- In Cold Blood, by Truman Capote
- Too Brief a Treat, edited by Gerald Clarke
- Capote, by Gerald Clarke (can you guess what movie I saw yesterday that piqued my interest in Capote?)
- Pure Drivel, by Steve Martin
- The Opposite of Fate, by Amy Tan
- Wrigley Blues, by William J. Wagner
- The Pleasure of My Company, by Steve Martin
- Notes from a Small Island, by Bill Bryson
- Adventures of a Continental Drifter, by Elliott Hester
- Hard Laughter, by Anne Lamott
- Blue Shoe, by Anne Lamott
- Travels, by Michael Crichton
- The Autograph Man, by Zadie Smith
- White Teeth, by Zadie Smith
UPDATE: Oops, the stack is even larger than I realized, and also includes:
- But Inside I'm Screaming, by Elizabeth Flock
- This Side of Married, by Rachel Pastan
- A Confederacy of Dunces, by John Kennedy Toole
- The Case for Faith, by Lee Strobel
- Eat, Drink, and be Healthy, by Walter C. Willett, M.D. (though I am not sure I can read a book whose title violates one of my personal grammatical pet peeves--the rule against using a comma immediately before an "and")
- The Portable Dorothy Parker
- The Wonder Spot, by Melissa Bank

0 comments:
Post a Comment