Via Kottke, I found this fun game called fastr. It involves guessing the tag that a group of flickr pictures has in common and is played against several other players at any given time, for points!
In other time-wasting news, I finally discovered this Sodoku thing that everyone is so crazy about--it's even more fun than a Rubik's cube! Yes, the evil Southwest Airlines (which isn't really evil--I think they're great) included 4 puzzles in their in-flight magazine. During the 4 segments I flew this week, I was able to complete almost all of the puzzles, which made me quite proud. But now I'm hooked! If you enjoy this as much as I do, here is a place where you can find free puzzles. Please be warned: THIS IS A HIGHLY ADDICTIVE ACTIVITY AND YOU UNDERTAKE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK.
27 January 2006
How to waste time and have fun while doing it
Posted by Lisa at 7:37 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Hey there Lisa, just thought I'd say hello and tell you that I like your blog. In an ealier post you listed the locations of some of your visitors. I'm the one in Harrison, AR. Unless, of course, there is another person in Harrison that visits your site. Which, I mean, it's possbile, but in a town of 10,000 not likely. Not, that they woulnd't enjoy your site, cause they would, but I mean, you know, numbers wise, it was probably me.
I don't know how I came across your blog. Do you ever post in FARK? Cause sometimes I find peoples blogs in their FARK profile when they post there. I'm pretty sure I found your blog through your pictures that you posted somewhere or soething like that. Your a very good photographer. I like to take pictures too, but I don't have any formal training so my pics aren't that good.
Anway, I thought I'd comment since you already know I visit your blog. And since I too am addicted to Sudoku (I bet you were wondering where I was going with this, huh?). So thanks for the link to the sudoku puzzles, now I won't be doing anything productive for a while. Have a great day. Sorry so long. 8-)
Jay, thanks for the note! I'm glad to help you find a free place for good Sodoku . . . just remember to eat, okay? I do not believe I have ever posted at FARK, as I don't know what FARK is. Are you a Daily Kos reader by chance? I do post there on an infrequent basis, and your blog as a progressive bent that makes me think maybe you are a Daily Kos follower. I hope you'll come back for a visit soon!
Jay, I forgot to add a thanks for the compliment on my photography. I actually have no formal training either! I haven't even taken the free classes at Wolf Camera (though I keep meaning to, as I have no technical understanding of my camera and how it works). I mention this just to show that you don't need formal training--just take lots of pictures and think about what makes the good ones good and the blah ones blah! :)
Post a Comment