My office is closed today and I slept in, getting a glorious night of sleep.
So far, I'm spending the day paralyzed with indecision over what to do with it.
Possibilities include:
-walk with dogs at lake
-"Running with Scissors" movie
-photography in South Dallas (specifically, the Bishop Arts District)
-yoga class
-brief writing (for work)
-purging house of junk
So many options, so little time . . .
***********************
I did a bit of tidying up around the house, learned to make pancakes (from a mix, but quite a tasty one!) and saw "Running with Scissors."
Well, I saw most of the movie anyway. I can only recall three movies I have walked out of before they were over: (1) What Lies Beneath; (2) the Star Wars movie with Jar Jar Bings; and (3) Running with Scissors. Yes, it was that bad. It began in a promising fashion, but I simply couldn't take it anymore when the only point seemed to be a contest in who could be more screwed up: Annette Benning's character or that of the guy who played her shrink. SAVE YOUR MONEY, PEOPLE!
After that, I window-shopped a bit, then grabbed dinner. Came home and watched one of my favorite "transporting" movies: Lost in Translation. Heading off for sleep soon.
Hope your day was a nice one!
24 November 2006
What are you doing with your Day After Thanksgiving?
Posted by Lisa at 11:50 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
I vote for photography.
No work!! I'd vote for the photography, too. Then maybe the movie.
I agreee too. Now work! Maybe none of the above. Maybe just hanging out and taking it easy. Watch a DVD, surf the net, play with the dogs, take a nap, run to a deli for a sandwich and maybe to Starbucks for some coffee and pastries. Read the newspaper, hell, go to the news stand and buy two or three newspapers and read them.
Oh no! The reviews weren't good for that movie, but it must have been really bad for you to walk out on it. Wow. Go see The Queen--it will make you appreciate good filmaking again. Stranger Than Fiction was pretty good, too.
I have to admit, I liked the movie. I really enjoyed the book and I liked watching the the train wreck that was Augusten's mom. But my taste in all things musical and movie-like is not to be trusted.
Sorry it was so awful for you.
I vote for staying home and avoiding the stores...
Post a Comment