I'm headed to Arizona tomorrow for a little Cubs spring training action . . . will be there for the next four days. It seemed like a good time to take yet another trip, as I have yet to make the time to make a proper post about last year's trip:
or to post about my trip to Hawaii or countless other trips I have taken in between.
Nonetheless, I'm excited to see some up-close baseball, not just any baseball, of course, but CUBS BASEBALL! I also have a "wild card" day planned for Saturday, on which I may do a spa thing, or a pool thing, or a hiking thing, or a Sedona thing, or something I have not yet dreamed up! Hey, maybe I can spend the day in a lovely place where I actually--gasp!--catch up on my travel postings! We shall see . . .
**********************
On another travel note, I do need some help from you folks--if you were taking a 10-day trip in the fall and could visit:
(A) Vermont and New Hampshire; or
(B) Maine
which would you choose? I am experiencing a rare case of trip planning paralysis and need your help! I think JD will vote for Maine, but he may surprise me. What do you say?
***********************
On a last and much more somber note, I am awaiting with trepidation the 11am CT press conference scheduled by Democratic Presidential candidate John Edwards and his wife Elizabeth. Based on the stories I have read, it appears likely that they will announce the reappearance of cancer in Elizabeth and explain how that will affect the campaign. I hope that isn't the case, most of all because Elizabeth and John seem like good people, they have young children and it is a shame for anyone to suffer from cancer, but also because I think he is one of our best hopes in the 2008 election and hate to see any setback to his chances. Please keep John and Elizabeth in your thoughts and hope for the best for them!
22 March 2007
Because I couldn't wait for the temperature to reach 90 degrees in Dallas,
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Maine. If you can get far enough north, you could take a day to visit Nova Scotia.
It depends on the purpose of the trip. If it is a fall colors trip then you are better off visiting Vermont. If it is variety of characters, architecture and hauntily beautful vistas, then Maine.
Terrible news about Elizabeth Edwards. When I saw that they were having a press conference I was afraid of what it was going to be.
I'm ready for baseball season. I'm not sure about the Cards. They have a lot of question marks. And La Russa gets a DUI. Very disappointing! And even more disappointing that the media around here is giving him a total pass. As is Cards management.
Oh yeah, Prior and Wood are going to open the season on the DL. Never saw that coming! WOW! That's never happened! Other than EVERY SINGLE YEAR. Poor guys.
Hi Lisa,
I hope you're enjoying a pleasant trip in Arizona. As far as your autumn trip goes, I'd like to register my vote for New Hampshire. While you're there, you can visit the Jeb Bartlett Presidential Library... oh wait! There I go mixing fiction and reality again.
Jeb Bartlett for America... For real this time. ;)
I was afraid for the news conference, too. They're being very positive, but it's still has to be very hard.
I'm voting with JD--Vermont for colors and Maine for all the things you can do there. But I'd get reservations somewhere now. Actually, some of the really cute places book up to a year in advance, but you probably already knew that being the traveller you are.
Oh, and thanks for the message you left on the MS Band of Hope post. I feel honored to be in the same group with your close friend.
Post a Comment