28 March 2007

Nothing inspires a concerted weight loss effort . . .

more than seeing oneself on TV. I saw some footage from Sunday's Cubs game broadcast after hearing that my friends were shown and commented on by the broadcasters. As it turns out, I was standing next to them and the broadcasters, seeing the guys with their clipboards (and perhaps noticing me checking email on my Treo), wondered aloud, "Maybe they are scouts." However, I did not initially recognize myself in the video and thought someone else had stopped by to visit with the guys while I was off wandering around the ballpark. It took a few seconds for me to realize that was me standing next to them, and not looking remotely as fit as I would hope to look, not by a long shot.

Oh. My. God.

Going to gym this morning!!! (And every morning thereafter for the foreseeable future).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

TV adds the appearance of pounds. Its bizarre.

Jay said...

I DO NOT want to see myself on TV.

Being a baseball scout would be pretty cool. Go to the ballpark everynight, travel, meet the players and coaches.

But, it doesn't pay worth a flip.