It took me literally all day yesterday to pack up the items I have been stockpiling for donation. Clothes, bedding, books, etc. Twelve large trash bags and one large laundry basket worth of items! But my guest room finally looks like a room habitable by humans again, and it is ready for my guest's arrival on Wednesday.
Turning to other things I have worked on this weekend, as part of making partner at my firm, I get to choose new furniture for my office. The budget is generous, but it is a lifetime budget, so I'm trying to use my money wisely. I was set to buy new furniture, a whole fancy put-together system that I designed (it would even have included a cabinet that could hold a small refrigerator!). But I was afraid of the price, which would have burned most of my budget. So, I turned back to the internet, finally discovering a place that has a really wide selection of used executive desks. There I found this lovely vintage set, which my friends K and D were nice enough to check out (and approve) for me this weekend, and which I was impulsive enough to buy this weekend, and I think I'm going to like it--have I made a crazy decision?
Congratulations on making partner, Lisa. I hope the benefits of such a distinction also include a brilliant corner office and many staff persons on whom you can delegate the heavy lifting (so you can focus on your civil liberties work). Best wishes.
JD: Good observation--these pieces are each 8 feet long! I will definitely use a moving service that will put the pieces in place, and will have thought out the positioning before they do so!
Brett: Thanks for the felicitations and good luck with your upcoming career change!
Phil, the furniture (at least the desk) is actually "all curvy"! That's one of my favorite things about it.
Jay and Popeye: your comments, along with those by the other guys that preceded them, made me giggle, as you all have blown out of the water the stereotype about women being the ones who are into design!
6 comments:
It depends on if you have to move it yourself. Looks very cool, but very heavy. I don't think you will be rearranging very often.
Congratulations on making partner, Lisa. I hope the benefits of such a distinction also include a brilliant corner office and many staff persons on whom you can delegate the heavy lifting (so you can focus on your civil liberties work). Best wishes.
If the furniture makes you happy and if it doesn't detract from your work, then sounds perfect to me!
I like how your pix make the furniture look all curvy :-)
Very cool. I love office furniture. There are just so many cool things made for offices.
Fancy. The wood work looks great. . .
JD: Good observation--these pieces are each 8 feet long! I will definitely use a moving service that will put the pieces in place, and will have thought out the positioning before they do so!
Brett: Thanks for the felicitations and good luck with your upcoming career change!
Phil, the furniture (at least the desk) is actually "all curvy"! That's one of my favorite things about it.
Jay and Popeye: your comments, along with those by the other guys that preceded them, made me giggle, as you all have blown out of the water the stereotype about women being the ones who are into design!
Post a Comment